The infusion transfer solution, excels as flexible, effortless, stable and transferable system.
M-SHIFT, the infusion transfer solution from Maquet, excels as flexible, effortless, stable and transferable system. Transferring the patient's complete infusion system will take less than a minute, optimizing the workflow in the critical care environment and liberating nurses from heavy workload.
M-SHIFT stands for no compromise in IV therapy, even during patient transport.
- 110 lbs (50 kg) enables maximized equipment accessibility, even for the most critically ill patient.
- M-SHIFT also enables full access to the patient's head for emergency access.
- M-SHIFT facilitates the task of carrying and transferring pumps instead of manually repositioning them or placing them around bed.
- Adjustable dual poles for accommodating IV pumps of different sizes.
- Small footprint for improved elevator access and mobility.
- Easily adapts to existing ICU or OR beds (Hill-Rom TotalCare; Stryker Zoom; ArjoHuntleigh Enterprise) and MAQUET pendant handles.
- Transfers IV equipment in seconds with no lifting required.
- Safe and fast infusion systems transfer with only one person.
- Saves time, improves user and patient safety while improving efficiencies for staff.
- IV therapies can be continued throughout patient transfer.
Report by clinical nurse Carmel Zucak
The ICU at Nepean Hospital Department in Penrith, Australia, was equipped with M-SHIFT and MODUTEC ceiling supply units. The unit conducted a three-month study on the changes associated with the M-SHIFT system, and how those changes affected the amount of nursing time needed for patient transfers. The nurses recorded the data, starting with the time they were told to bring a patient to the CT/MRT.
The mean nursing time taken to prepare infusions for transfer was 32.5 minutes with a range of 4 to 110 minutes. In a simulated environment the time to transfer infusions from the pendant to the bed using the M-SHIFT could be reduced significantly.
The introduction of M-SHIFT also eliminated the need to lift heavy pumps, reducing occupational health and safety issues for the hospital.
Nursing staff had positive opinions about the change to M-SHIFT.
"Higher staff satisfaction with interdepartmental transfer facilitated by M-SHIFT."
"First positive signs indicate that personnel are very satisfied with the change. No more pumps need to be used, which relieves staff from heavy workloads."
Para fazer um pedido ou saber mais sobre qualquer um dos produtos Maquet, acessórios relacionados ou soluções terapêuticas, entre em contato com o representante de vendas local.
- Contacte-nos @wrappertag>