STATLOCK PSI® Stabilization Device
An adhesive-based alternative to the suture and tape securement of sheaths.
The STATLOCK Percutaneous Sheath Introducer (PSI) Stabilization Device is an adhesive-based alternative to the suture and tape securement of sheaths. It offers increased patient comfort and healthcare worker safety while providing effective stabilization for sheaths.
Suture Complications: Complications incurred with using suture can include the following
- Suture wound oozing and infection
- Increased occurrence of catheter-related bloodstream infections
- Possibility of Healthcare Provider needle stick and resulting infection
Benefits of using STATLOCK PSI Stabilization Device
- Eliminates suture-wound complications
- Increases patient comfort
- Provides proactive healthcare provider safety
- Reduces complications that may lead to catheter-related blood stream infections
Standards of Practice Compliance
- CDC (2002 Guidelines) – "Sutureless securement devices can be advantageous over suture in preventing catheter-related blood stream infections (CRBSI's)"
- OSHA (2004 Fact Sheet) – "As part of their annual review of methods to reduce needle sticks, employers must review options for securing medical catheters and consider appropriate engineering and work practice controls"
- INS (2006 Guidelines) – "Whenever feasible, using a manufactured catheter stabilization device is preferred"
STATLOCK is a registered trademark of C. R. Bard, Inc.
- The slow set center adhesive pad allows for repositioning of the device. The hydrocolloid adhesive is more resistant to moisture
- The fast set wing adhesive pads lock the device into position with an acrylic adhesive
- Both adhesives must be removed with alcohol
Patient Friendly Materials
- Tricot-woven polyester anchor pad
- Proven acrylic and hydrocolloid adhesive formula
- Molded polypropylene and krayton retainer
- Waxed silk ties
- No components or packaging contain latex
How to order
To place an order or learn more about any of the Maquet products, related accessories, or therapeutic solutions, please contact your local sales representative.
- Contact us @wrappertag>