QUADROX-i Neonatal and Pediatric
The world’s smallest oxygenator with an integrated arterial filter.
QUADROX-i is the world’s smallest oxygenator with an integrated arterial filter.* Low priming volume is extremely important for maintaining the lowest possible level of hemodilution, especially in neonates and children, who place the highest demands on oxygenators. With this in mind, MAQUET's QUADROX-i Neonatal and Pediatric oxygenators were designed to offer a wide flow range, high gas exchange rates and low blood side flow resistance.
Additionally, the integrated arterial filters with their separate pre- and post-filter de-airing systems are easy to use and ensure greater patient safety during surgery.
* Data on file
Progressive technology combined with a unique design:
- High blood flow rates up to 1.5 and 2.8 l/min
- Very low priming volumes of 38 and 99 ml; the QUADROX-i Neonatal is the smallest oxygenator-filter combination currently available
- High performance polyurethane hollow fibers for fast and efficient heat exchange
- Fast blood temperature adjustment
- Optional integration of the arterial filter saves priming volume
- Biocompatibility; QUADROX-i Neonatal and Pediatric Oxygenators come with the optimized surface refinement, i.e., SOFTLINE Coating. Heparin-based BIOLINE Coating is optionally available.
Innovative design without compromise:
- The special cone-shaped reservoirs provide excellent venous air separation as well as a calm blood level, even at high blood flow rates and low blood volumes
- Products are completely DEHP-free
- New defoamers prevent silicone wash-out
|Technical Data Oxygenators||QUADROX-i Neonatal||QUADROX-i Pediatric|
|Maximum blood flow rate||1.5 l/min||2.8 l/min|
|Static priming volume||38 ml||81 ml|
|Static priming volume incl. arterial filter||40 ml||99 ml|
|Filter pore size||33 μm||33 μm|
|Surface gas transfer fibers||0.38 m²||0.8 m²|
|Heat exchanger surface area||0.07 m²||0.15 m²|
|Inlet and outlet size||1/4", can be reduced to 3/16"||1/4"|
|Microporous fiber material||Polypropylene||Polypropylene|
|Heat exchanger fiber material||Polyurethane||Polyurethane|
|Technical Data Oxygenators||VHK 11000||VHK 31000|
|Capacity||800 ml||1700 ml|
|Cardiotomy filters||Volume filter: 40 μm
Screen filter: 33 μm
|Volume filter: 40 μm
Screen filter: 40 μm
|Venous filter||64 μm||64 μm|
|Venous inlet and outlet||1/4", can be reduced to 3/16"||Inlet: 3/8", Outlet: 1/4"|
|Suction connections||3 x 1/4"
3 x 3/16"
|4 x 1/4"|
|Luer lock venous||1 + 1 flexible||1 + 1 flexible|
|Minimal operating volume||15 ml||30 ml