As part of Getinge’s commitment to provide first-class education, we have partnered with Dr. William S. Cobb IV, MD, FACS, Dr. Jeremy A. Warren, MD, FACS, and Greenville Health System, Greenville, SC to provide a 3-day course combining didactic instruction, case observation and hands-on learning in a comfortable personalized setting.
The Hernia Center, Greenville Health Systems’ regional referral and teaching center for specialized hernia care and hernia repair surgery, hosts the 3-day course that includes live surgery observation at Greenville Memorial Hospital; and hands-on cadaver lab at the Patewood Medical Campus.
Learn open, laparoscopic and robotic-assisted hernia repair techniques from simple, to the most complex repair cases.
- Open retro-rectus ventral hernia repair using large pore polypropylene mesh
- Open component separation with TAR (Transversus Abdominis Muscle Release)
Minimally Invasive techniques
- TAPP (Transabdominal Preperitoneal) laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair with anatomical mesh
- IPOM (Intraperitoneal Onlay Mesh) laparoscopic ventral hernia repair with coated mesh
- Robotic-assisted retro-rectus ventral hernia repair (availability based on case schedule)
- Arrive at your leisure. Course starts early morning Day 2.
- Course begins with a full day of didactic instruction and interactive live case observation of open and minimally invasive techniques. The day will conclude with a clinical dinner to discuss the details of the day’s cases and products used.
- A half-day, hands-on cadaver lab practicing the advanced hernia repair techniques. The course will conclude with a clinical lunch to discuss the details of the course and address any unanswered questions.